Interim Report Q4: Positioned for long-term profitable growth
Press release 23 February 2022
• Net sales increased with 15 per cent to SEK 591 m (513). Organic sales growth was 6 per cent.
• During the quarter, Haypp Group recorded 54 per cent year-on-year volume growth in the Nicotine Pouches category,
and the category accounts for more than one third of the volume in the fourth quarter.
• The gross margin amounted to 10.8 per cent (14.3).
• Adjusted EBIT amounted to SEK 11.8 m (11.2), corresponding to an adjusted EBIT margin of 2.0 per cent (2.2).
• Operating loss totalled SEK -10.4 m (-18.9), including items affecting comparability of SEK -12.3 m (-22.3).
• Earnings per share before dilution amounted to SEK -0.45 (-1.11).
• Number of orders increased to 909 thousand (714) with an average order value of SEK 621 (654).
• Active customers amounted to 392 thousand (304) at the end of the period.
• Haypp Group listed its shares on Nasdaq First North Growth Market and carried out a new share issue of
SEK 150 m that further strengthened Haypp Group’s financial position.
“The overall conditions for Nicotine pouches have never been better. The growing consumer demand for less harmful nicotine products as well as favourable regulatory development in many of Haypp Group’s Growth markets will be two major drivers of our future growth. During the fourth quarter, Haypp Group recorded 54 per cent growth in Nicotine pouches, with substantially higher volume rates in the Growth markets segment and Sweden. The category accounts for 36 per cent of the Group’s volume during the quarter. We continue to leverage our position in the value chain, during the quarter we locked down agreements with some of our key business partners which further improves our commercial position for the future versus before,” says Gavin O’Dowd, President and CEO Haypp Group.
Haypp Group will hold a webcast conference call in English at 09.00 am CET today. Haypp Group will be represented by President and CEO Gavin O´Dowd and CFO Svante Andersson, who will present the interim report and answer questions. To participate or for further information – https://financialhearings.com/event/43626
For more information and contact
Head of External Affairs:
Head of Investor Relations:
FNCA Sweden AB
+46 (0)8-528 00 399
Before its publication, this information was inside information and is such that Haypp Group is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below, on 23 February 2022 at 07:45 a.m. CET.
Haypp in brief
The Haypp Group is spearheading the global transformation from smoking to risk-reduced product alternatives. With origins in Scandinavia, our extensive experience from pioneering markets in smoke free alternatives, as well as being a leader in the e-commerce sector, is now bringing our vision to a global scale. With ten e-commerce store brands, the Haypp Group is present in seven countries where we served more than 680,000 active consumers during 2021.