Interim Report Q3: Positioned for long-term profitable growth (retransmission)
Press release 25 November 2021
• Net sales increased with 28 per cent to SEK 582 m (454). Organic sales growth was 18 per cent.
• During the quarter, Haypp Group recorded over 50 per cent year-on-year growth in the Nicotine Pouches category, and
the category accounts for about one third of the volume in the third quarter.
• The gross margin amounted to 11.0 per cent (12.8).
• Adjusted EBIT amounted to SEK 10 m (17), corresponding to an adjusted EBIT margin of 1.7 per cent (3.7).
• Operating profit/loss totalled SEK -9 m (10), including items affecting comparability of SEK -9 m (-2).
• Earnings per share before dilution amounted to SEK -0.27 (0.25).
• Number of orders increased to 887 thousand (636) with an average order value of SEK 624 (668).
• Active customers amounted to 382 thousand (280) at the end of the period.
• After the period Haypp Group listed its shares on Nasdaq First North Growth Market and carried out a new share issue of
SEK 150 m that further strengthened Haypp Group’s financial position.
“Recent acquisitions of Nettotobak and Snusnetto has further strengthened our position as the online market leader in our Core Markets and enabled us to further optimize the customer experience while also generating short-term financial benefits. We continue to prioritize growth over profitability and have implemented several initiatives that gradually strengthen and streamline our technical platform and differentiate our offering in different geographical markets for best outcome over time. In parallel, we have also invested heavily in retaining the right talent to leverage the benefits from our data infrastructure with machine learning and deep analytics, which are already generating impressive results”, Gavin O’Dowd, President and CEO Haypp Group.
Haypp Group will hold a webcast conference call in English at 09.00 am CET today. Haypp Group will be represented by President and CEO Gavin O´Dowd and CFO Svante Andersson, who will present the interim report and answer questions.
To participate or further information – https://financialhearings.com/event/43440
For more information and contact
Head of External Affairs:
+46(0)708 153 983, firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Investor Relations:
+46(0)708 24 4088, email@example.com
FNCA Sweden AB
+46 (0)8-528 00 399, firstname.lastname@example.org
Before its publication, this information was inside information and is such that Haypp Group is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below, on 25 November 2021 at 09:00 a.m. CET.
Haypp in brief
The Haypp Group is spearheading the global transformation from smoking to risk-reduced product alternatives. With origins in Scandinavia, our extensive experience from pioneering markets in smoke free alternatives, as well as being a leader in the e-commerce sector, is now bringing our vision to a global scale. With ten e-commerce store brands, the Haypp Group is present in nine countries where we served more than 500,000 consumers during 2020. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Haypp Group employ about 120 people and have net sales of over SEK 2 bn in the last twelve months to September 30, 2021.